In preparation for my month-long trip to Chengdu in February, I have created a winter travel capsule wardrobe. With 10 pieces of clothing, I will have different outfits to wear and enough room in my suitcase for things I’ll bring back from China.
The formula for my winter travel capsule wardrobe is:
- 4 tops
- 3 bottoms
- 1 dress
- 2 coats
I use this formula whenever I want to build a mini capsule wardrobe with 10 items. This can be applied to any season, including the tricky winter to spring transitional closet. Please note that the numbers used for each category are guides, not rules. Therefore, feel free to tailor the formula to your own needs. If you have a trip coming up and want to pack light, or are just in need of a minimalistic closet, give the formula a try!
- Black Cropped Hoodie: Reformation, size XS. Worn in this outfit.
- Beige Sweater: Knot Sisters, size XS, thrifted from Crossroads Trading. Worn in this outfit.
- Wool Turtleneck Sweater: Theory, size P, thrifted from ThredUP. Worn in this outfit.
- Grey Jeweled Sweater: Korean Brand Bonita, thrifted from Crossroads Trading. Worn in this outfit.
3 Bottoms & 1 Dress:
- Grey High-Rise Ankle Jeans: Everlane, size 26. Worn in this, and this outfit.
- Black Skirt: T by Alexander Wang, size XS, thrifted from Crossroads Trading. Worn in this outfit.
- Black High-Rise Ankle Jeans: Everlane, size 26. Worn in this outfit.
- Grey Wool Sweater Dress: Theory, size S, thrifted from Crossroads Trading.
- Black Down Coat: Vero Moda, size 160/80A. Worn in this outfit.
- Purple Wool Coat: Everlane, size 00. Worn in this outfit.
In 2018, I packed my closet in one carry-on for a few week-long trips. For more packing tips and travel capsule wardrobes, please check out my previous posts:
Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy New Year and see you next Friday!